9.04.2013

chocolate milk and crayons

Today was the first day of my last semester of college. That's so crazy to me. Like, I still feel like a freshman. I know it sounds so cliche, but I seriously feel like I started college last week. 

The past few years have flown by. I have truly had a meaningful and beautiful college experience. I have learned and grown so much, and for that, I am thankful. 

Now I stand at the beginning of the end. And can I just say, I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!  Because I'm an education major, my last semester is completely devoted to student teaching. So now, I become the teacher. My brain just wants to scream, I'm not ready!! Wait!! Guys, don't leave me!!!! I'M STILL A STUDENT! I'M NOT READY TO TEACH BY MYSELF! GUYS!! GUYS?....hello? 

That's how I feel. That's the honest to goodness truth. Anyway, back to what I originally started out saying. 

Today was the last first day. I had my student teacher orientation this morning, where I found out that I will be student teaching in first grade. Not my number one choice, BUT my number two grade choice, so I was definitely excited about that. Excited. And terrified. 

Tomorrow I go to my assigned elementary school and meet my cooperating teacher and my class. I'm so nervous. I have so many questions. Are they going to like me? Am I going to be any good at this? Did I just waste a college education on something I hate? What if I mess something up? What if I like, forget English overnight and can't communicate? Or what if I like lose the ability to walk, and I have to roll around the classroom? Wait. How would that even happen? I don't know. 

But then I remember. I serve a God who is way bigger than a room full of six year olds. Even if there is a chocolate milk explosion at the reading group table. And you know what? He's got this. I got this. 

Bring on the chocolate milk and the crayons, I can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment